Outline Itinerary ( 10 Days ) Expand all +
Our representative will welcome and transfer you to the hotel. Check in to the hotel for a half day of rest, wherein welcome tea will be served by the Hotel staff. Drink plenty of fluids to acclimatize. Evening you can visit Leh Market for a walk. Dinner & Overnight at Hotel.Show more...
Enjoy the crux of the famed tourist spots of leh in a day. After breakfast in hotel drive 40 km’s towards east of Leh town for Hemis Monastery, which considered to be the richest monastery in entire Ladakh. On the journey back stop at Thiksey Monastery and Shey Palace.Show more...
After an early breakfast drive towards Lamayuru. Enjoy the spectacular view in Lamayuru famous for its majestic terrain called Moonland. The monastery of Lamayuru is one of the oldest monastery in entire Ladakh, which on a cliff provides a spectacular view. Next drive towards Uleytokpo. Overnight and dinner in Uleytokpo.Show more...
Post Breakfast drive back towards Leh. Enroute stop at Magnetic Hill and Gurduwara Pathar Saheb, and Next at Nimoo to see the magnificent view of the Confluence of Indus and Zanskar river at Nimoo. The spot is also famously known as Sangam. Next visit to Phyang Monastery. One of the main attraction of this monastery is the Phyang Festival called Phyang Tsedup, which usually falls somewhere in the month of July every year. Return back to Leh. Overnight and dinner at Hotel in Leh.Show more...
Early morning drive to Nubra valley passing through Khardungla, which is the highest motorable pass in the world at an altitude of 18,380 ft. Reach Nubra Valley by afternoon. Enjoy the spectacular view of Shayok valley. Overnight in Nubra Valley.Show more...
After Breakfast visit to Hunder Sand Dunes and don’t miss on Desert Safari ride of famous Himalayan Doubled-hump Camel in Hunder. After that drive towards the western border of Ladakh to the most beautiful village of Ladakh called Turtuk. Turtuk became a part of Ladakh in 1970’s, before that the region was a part of POK, and is home to the People of Balti ethnicity. Drive back to Hunder in the evening. Overnight and dinner in Turtuk.Show more...
After an early breakfast visit the monastery in Diskit. Near to the monastery you’ll see the giant statue of future Buddha, also known as Gyalwan Chamba. The spot offers an exquisite view of the entire shayok valley of Nubra. Today we’ll drive towards the eastern border of Ladakh crossing the Shayok Valley. Reach Pangong by afternoon. The Lake is around 4-5 kms wide and over 135 kms long, of which about two/third of the lake lies on the other side of the Indo- China Border. Overnight at Camp with a spectacular view of the Lake.Show more...
Get up to experience the magical view of sunrise at Pangong. Take a walk along the shores of Pangong lake. Return to the camp for Breakfast. Next drive back towards Leh crossing the Changla Pass. Overnight and Dinner in LehShow more...
Include / Exclude
- Fix Transfers by Non A/C SUV Innova/ Similar.
- Traditional Style Welcome and Welcome Drink on Arrival
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis.
- Oxygen Cylinder for Nubra Pangong Tour.
- All Meals Included.
- Inner-line Border Permit, Environment Fee, Wild life Fee.
- Professional Tour Guide Throughout the Tour
- Any Kind of Extra Meals / Drinks / Mineral water Ordered.
- Tips, Porters, Phone Calls, Camera / Video Shoot entry charges.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses, Travel Insurance, monument & museum entry fees, Oracle Fees/Donation
- Any Kind of Loss / Misplaced / Theft on personal belongings.
- Any Kind of Cost which not mentioned above.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, and road block and / or any factors beyond our control.
- Extra cost on recreational activities like Camel Safari, Cycling, Rafting etc.
Important Information Expand all +
There are three ways to get a visa for Nepal
- Visa on arrival: You can get a visa on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu or other designated entry points. The visa fee is USD 30 for 15 days, USD 50 for 30 days, or USD 125 for 90 days.
- Online application: You can apply for a visa online through the Nepal Immigration website. https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np .The visa fee is the same as for visa on arrival.
- Nepalese Embassy or Consulate: You can also apply for a visa at a Nepalese Embassy or Consulate in your home country. The visa fee may be different, so check with the embassy or consulate.
- Passport valid for at least six months from your planned entry date into Nepal.
- Visa application form.
- Passport-sized photo (Bring 4 )
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years except US citizens
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen - Bangladesh , Bhutan, India , Maldives , Pakistan , Sri-Lanka (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizen are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa 'On Arrival'.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals for 150 days
Nationals of following countries are requested to acquire Visa prior their arrival from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of Nepal Government.
- Refugees with travel document
If your passport is not valid for at least six months, you will need to renew your passport before you travel to Nepal. You can renew your passport at your local passport office. The process of renewing your passport can take several weeks, so it is important to start the process early.
Nepal has Three international airports: Kathmandu, Bhairawa, and Pokhara. Currently, Pokhara airport does not handle international flights. However, there are a few flights to Bhairawa from few countries. The main international airport in Nepal is Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), located in Kathmandu. You can search TIA airport to book your International flight.
By land: There are multiple land entry points along the borders of Nepal, India, and China. These entry points include Kakarvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalganj, Dhangadhi, Mahendranagar, and Kerung(china boarder)
If you've booked a multiday tour or trekking package with Himalayan Social Journey, we'll pick you up from the airport. Upon arriving at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, our representative will be there to greet you with a sign displaying your name and our company's name. We'll then take you to your pre-booked hotel.
To make the pick-up process smooth, kindly share your flight details, including flight number and arrival time. If there are any changes to your arrival plans, please inform us as soon as possible so we can arrange your pick-up accordingly. Travel with us for a hassle-free experience!
Please keep this thing in your mind that there are some airport touts and scam artists who take advantage of tourists. They might offer to carry your luggage and they want a large amount of money. Sometimes they intimidate our drivers and even take away their signs. Anyway...if you want someone to help you with your luggage you can give them NOT MORE THAN 1 - 2 DOLLARS. This is a small hassle that tourists sometimes face upon arrival at the airport. Do not stress about this but just be aware not to give more than a few dollars for their luggage handling if you choose to take someone's services. Nepalese in general are very kind and hospitable people.
The official currency of Nepal is the Nepalese rupee (NPR). Major foreign currencies such as USD, AUD, and EURO are accepted for VISA.
There are plenty of ATMs in these major cities, so you can easily withdraw cash from your foreign currency bank account. Credit cards are also accepted in some shops and restaurants, but they are not as widely accepted as cash.
On the trek, you will only need to use Nepali rupees. You can exchange your foreign currency for Nepali rupees at your hotel, money exchanges, or the airport. Himalayan Social Journey representatives will also be happy to help you exchange money.
If you have booked a trekking or multi-day tour with Himalayan Social Journey, the orientation meeting usually happens at your Kathmandu hotel around 4 or 5 pm. Our team will provide you with the specific details upon your arrival.
If you're arriving early or leaving late, please ensure to arrange extra hotel accommodations by contacting reser[email protected]. Let us know if you'll be extending your stay in Nepal, and we'll book your additional nights. Also, kindly share your flight details with us to facilitate a smooth pick-up and drop process.
When you book a trip with us, the standard accommodation arrangement is on a twin-sharing basis. This means two people will be staying in each room throughout the trip. However, if you prefer to have a room to yourself or if you're traveling alone, you can choose the "single supplement" option. By selecting this option, you'll have a private room during the trip, but please note that there will be an additional cost for the single room arrangement according to tour / trek.
For each tour date, there will be several separate groups, each with a maximum of 14 people and their own experienced English-speaking guide. During the trek, there will be a suitable number of porters available to carry your luggage. Additionally, if you prefer to do a private tour or trek with your own group, that is also possible.
Nepal has five main seasons: summer, monsoon, spring, autumn, and winter. Each season offers unique experiences and weather conditions.
Winter (Late Dec - Feb): Cold temperatures, great for festival tours and special highlights.
Spring (Mar - May): Magical rhododendron blooms, ideal for trekking and peak climbing.
Monsoon (Jun - Aug): Low season with rain, but perfect for nature lovers and discounts on hotels.
Autumn (Sep - Nov): Peak season, clear weather, and popular trekking regions fill up fast.
You can check the live weather condition via this website https://www.accuweather.com
The hotel in Kathmandu where you'll stay during the trip offers complimentary storage services. You can leave your luggage and extra clothing that you won't need for the trekking / tour. Rest assured, you can collect them once the trek and tour are over.
Don't forget to bring both TWO and THREE-pin travel adapters! If you don't have them, you can purchase them at supermarkets or electronic shops in Kathmandu. Our guide will be there to assist you if needed. You can get information about plug and voltage in below link.
Most places in Nepal are covered by mobile network providers, especially Ncell and Nepal Telecom. You can use data services for communication. You can buy a SIM card at the airport counter. There are also free and paid Wi-Fi services in most tea houses in Nepal during trek.
Here are some tips for staying connected while you are in Nepal:
- Buy a SIM card as soon as you arrive in Nepal. This will give you access to data services and allow you to make calls and send text messages.
- Check the coverage map of your mobile network provider before you travel. This will help you to know where you can expect to have good reception.
- If you are planning on visiting remote areas and need to be in connected on Internet , you may want to consider renting a satellite phone. This will give you access to communication even in areas with no mobile network coverage.
- There are many free and paid Wi-Fi hotspots in Nepal. You can find these at hotels, tea houses, restaurants, cafes, and even some temples.
If you would like to book extra activities such as Paragliding, Bungy jump, Mountain flight, Heli Tour , Bhaktapur Sightseeing many more programs. You can find updated price and program detail in this link: https://hsj.com.np/tourtype/daytours. You can book by contacting us at [email protected] For longer excursions such as Bhutan, Tibet, India, and any other treks also, we can help but please contact us immediately at [email protected]
If you have purchased a voucher from any deal company, please come in contact with us with the voucher code (redemption code) so that the voucher can be redeemed on time. Since we need time to purchase your domestic air ticket and make other arrangements, kindly confirm your spot with your suitable date at-least 2 months prior to the commencement of the tour. Your booking on a particular tour date is subject to availability of spots. You can redeem you voucher through this link too : https://hsj.com.np/voucher-redemption
A typical suggestion for tipping is to allocate around USD 50-60 for the guide and porter if you're happy with their service. However, the amount you decide to tip is entirely up to you, and you can give whatever you feel is appropriate based on the excellent service they provided during your tour / trek
Packing List for Tour:
Pack appropriate clothing for the weather conditions during your visit. Include comfortable walking shoes, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and insect repellent. Don't forget essential travel documents, a camera, and any necessary medications.
Packing List for Trekking
- Trekking Poles - 1
- Daypack - 1
- Backpack - 1
- Water Reservoir - 1
- Sleeping bag - HSJ will provide
- sleeping bag liner
- Underwear - 3
- Socks - 3
- Bra - 3
- base Layers pant - 1
- Trekking Tshirt - 3
- Trekking Pants - 2
- Rain Pants - 1
- Hiking Shoes/ Boots - 1
- Gloves - 1
- Hat - 1
- Down Jacket - 1
- Wind Breaker - 1
- Sandles -1
- Sunglasses - 1
- Books or E-reader (optional)
- Microfiber towel - 1
- Toothbrush - 1
- Toothpaste - 1
- First aid kit - 1
- Medicine kit -1
- sunscreen -1
- sewing kit -1
- Soap/shampoo - 1
- Comb or brush - 1
- Period supplies - 1
- Toilet paper - 1
- sanitising gel - 1
- Extranel Hardrive (optional )
- Head touch
- Power bank for charging Phone
Packing List for Climbing:
- Trekking boots
- Short-sleeved trekking shirts
- Trekking pants and jackets
- Thermals underwear
- Long-sleeved Trekking shirts
- Insulating down jackets
- Woolen cap
- Trekking Gloves
- Diamox tablets
- Sanitary pads and tampons
- Anti-nausea Medicines
- Mosquito and insect repellents
- Toilet Paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Sleeping bag
- Water Bottle
- Solar Chargers
- Hot water thermos
- Travel Permits
Peak climbing gears (HSJ will provide)
- Climbing Helmet: Choose a good-quality climbing helmet. Make sure your warm cap fits under your helmet.
- Climbing Boots: High-altitude, insulated, stiff-soled climbing boots.
- Crampons: C2 crampons that fit the climbing boots.
- Climbing Harness: Good-quality climbing harness.
- Ascending device or Jumar
- Descending or belay device
- Tape sling: UIAA tested a 220cm open tape sling or a 2 x 120 cm closed tape sling.
- Carabiners: 2 x lockable carabiners. 2 x non-locking carabiners
- Prusik loop: Best quality Prusik loop
- Ice ax: An ice ax with a wrist strap for climbing
If you cancel the trip for any reason, the 20% deposit amount will not be refunded. If you have paid the full trip amount and need to cancel, you will receive your money back, but a cancellation charge of 20% will still apply.
For voucher holders who purchased vouchers from deal companies, we must adhere to their cancellation policy. However, under both circumstances, we are flexible and can reschedule your trip for a later date. To cancel any trip, please make sure to provide written notification of your cancellation.
Sometimes travellers are unable to finish the scheduled trek/tour due to the various reasons or they ended up not completing the trek/tour for health or personal reasons. In this case please realize that we cannot offer you any refunds for unused days on the tour. You have to understand that our costs are the same as we have an obligation to pay our guides , porters, drivers for the time they have committed.
Our commitment is to offer you an unforgettable journey with the best services. We take our responsibilities seriously and conduct all programs in Nepal according to the rules and regulations of Nepal Goverement. If needed, we can provide alternative itineraries for a delightful holiday experience. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. We're here to help!