The southern lowlands of Nepal are known as the Terai. This area is covered in dense tropical jungles and is home to thousands of birds and animal species', including some of the world's most exotic and endangered species. Due to increases in population, deforestation, and illegal poaching, the natural habitats of animals like The One-Horned Rhino, The Royal Bengal Tiger, The Snow Leopard, The Red Panda, The Blue Bull, and The Gharial Crocodile are being destroyed. This is leading these creatures to extinction. This loss of wildlife must be stopped so that future generations will have a healthy and balanced way of life. Fortunately, efforts are being made by the Nepalese government to preserve these natural wildlife sanctuaries and to maintain balance in the local eco-systems.
A number of conservation areas, national parks, wildlife reserves, and hunting reserves have been established in Nepal. Today, there are 14 national parks and wildlife reserves in Nepal, including the Chitwan National Park, world heritage site. Two Nepali national parks are known as; Chitwan National Park, & Bardia National park, are very popular for safari adventures. There are many activities such as elephant rides, nature walks, canoeing, birdwatching, village tours & cultural performances. These all can be enjoyed during a safari adventure in Nepal.
The activities offering in Nepal Jungle Safari Holiday Tour:
- Village Tour: Visit inside the village to learn about the culture, lifestyle and society of the people living in the village.
- Elephant Safari: An wondering activity to visit the jungle by riding an elephant. An opportunity to see different kind of wild animals (deer, rhinoceros, wild bore, monkey, leopard, sloth bear, Royal Bengal Tiger and many more) and many other smaller mammals.
- Nature / Jungle Walk: Walk in and around Jungle watching birds and other small animals.
- Culture Dance: This dance is presented by a local villager and you may also participate in the dance.
- Canoeing /Boating: An excellent opportunity to watch birds, rare species of crocodiles; Marsh Mugger and the fish-eating Gharial.
- Slight Show: Presentation about wildlife lifestyle, activities and other information regarding Jungle Safari.
- Accommodation: Stay in lodge, resort or camp during your safari holiday in full board.
- Jeep Safari: A jeep drive doing jungle safari or tiger tracking or visiting the lake and popular places inside the jungle.
- Other Activities: Visit elephant breeding centre, Park's museum and more others.